As a Regional Director, you’ll lead multiple teams that deliver complex, multi-disciplinary construction projects that require extensive engineering and project management expertise. Working with internal client groups, your team will plan and oversee projects from start to finish, from design and build to upgrade and remediation work within the existing data center network. Working with regional partners, our global Design and Construction teams, to developing innovative and scalable solutions.
You’ll oversee the construction and delivery of our growing network of data centers. Involved in shaping Global Data Center Services (DCS) strategies and responsible for regional implementation, you will balance big picture thinking with the ability to solve unique engineering challenges.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage teams across existing APAC sites as well as new sites. Manage the teams which are responsible for the site-wide delivery of major new construction or improvement projects.
- Establish and maintain delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors measuring KPIs and metrics.
- Create a growth plan and be directly involved in resourcing planning of talent in the areas of Technical Program Management/Program Management and Engineering. Pre-position teams and partners on new markets and sites maximise speed to markets.
- Research and implement new construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities and carry design concepts into mass production and integrate into facilities.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Construction Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of relevant experience working in the design and construction industry, managing multiple projects, managing managers and developing teams; and managing multi-group, multi-disciplinary projects.
- 15 years of experience in working with data center equipment/environments, including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and experience with start up/commissioning processes.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Construction Engineering, or related technical field.
- 15 years relevant experience.
- 8 years of experience in a managerial and leadership position.
- Demonstrated skills in requirement gathering, resource organization, task prioritization and achieving objectives on schedule.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.