As an Operations Excellence Program Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving operational rigor and making Trust and Safety’s vendor operations world-class. You will work in partnership with product functions to understand their needs and help identify the best vendor strategy to deliver them. You will focus on scalable solutions and operational execution.
Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, YouTube and Google Ads and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage large scale projects from concept to launch for global coverage. Monitor, measure and communicate project progress, potential risks/delays and team performance to teams, executives and other sponsors.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders internal and external to Trust and Safety across Product, Policy and Engineering teams and drive projects that improve the overall quality of vendor operations and make our products safer.
- Manage project execution team with associated processes to ensure successful completion of the program and develop metrics to track the overall health of operations and identifying more improvements.
- Lead cross-office collaboration and resolving any site-related differences.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in cross-functional project management.
- 3 years of experience in data analytics and/or operations analysis.
- Experience in project management
- Ability to think strategically, execute effectively, and deliver high-quality work against tight deadlines, effectively communicating and leading projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to define projects and execute within timelines and with multiple stakeholders and proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.