Google is known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. The Google People Services (GPS) team focuses on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers. As a Programs Specialist, you will enthusiastically represent the Google brand and build our talent pipeline. Whether it’s making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you will have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You’ll be focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google’s long-term hiring needs, and you are the glue that ties together a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams.
Our team’s mission is to ‘Build a Better Google’ by building skills that strengthen Google’s cultural values of Respect, Resilience, Diversity and Inclusion.
In this role you will manage programs and related projects (e.g. Noogler orientation, Well Being, Diversity & Inclusion and Career Development and Self Awareness.)
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as “Human Resources”). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we’re the champions of Google’s colorful culture. In People Ops, we “find them, grow them, and keep them” – we bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Manage learning programs in Singapore and office orientations across APAC, partnering across both People Operations and Google to give our new hires an exceptional welcome to Google.
- Manage and deliver learning experiences with various programs in partnership with the global People Development PMs, Coordinators etc.
- Oversee the metrics and evaluation of all courses in terms of utilization, effectiveness, efficiency and equity and determine proactive solutions for improving courses across these four areas.
- Contribute to and lead other Culture programs and team projects related to achieving our mission
- Manage vendor relationships, program budget forecasts, and spending.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience in a related field (learning and development, talent management, HR, marketing, communications, consulting).
- Experience in designing and implementing community-driven programs/initiatives
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams located around the globe in different timezones.
- Experience running large, high-profile events.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity, and leadership working in a fast-paced environment. A mindset for innovation and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong working relationships and influencing without authority. Excellent organizational skills and a desire to efficiently manage back-end processes.
- Flexibility and comfort working in an occasionally ambiguous environment. Ability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents, and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.