People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You’ll be a champion of Google’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
In this role you will partner with the Vice President for Southeast Asia to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You will be an integral part of the leadership and management team and, as such, will need to understand every aspect of the business, acting as a thought leader regarding people and organizational topics. You will partner with managers across the region to create the end-to-end people strategy that will support Googlers in realizing their ambitions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and, in some cases, reinvent how work is done.
In addition to this, you’ll partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy for how we hire, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize talent.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as “Human Resources”). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we’re the champions of Google’s colorful culture. In People Ops, we “find them, grow them, and keep them” – we bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Consult with Google’s leaders to create a comprehensive people strategy to support the business and influence change. Act as a trusted advisor, coach leaders and play a key role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness.
- Offer thought-leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Build organizational health by ensuring that the organization is structured in a way that helps achieve business objectives. Manage talent effectively and enable business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline.
- Lead a client group through core HR processes and provide expertise in career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs and strategic development.
- Work in partnership with peers in People Operations, including People Development, Staffing, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits and Google People Services Operations to provide valuable support, programs and developmental offerings to your client group.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of HR Business Partner or Generalist experience.
- Experience working in a project management and operations capacity.
- Master’s degree.
- Extensive HR experience as a Business Partner or Generalist, and/or a consulting or legal background. High-impact strategic change management experience, with demonstrated ability to manage large projects and initiatives.
- Effective consulting and coaching skills, with the ability to build relationships with leaders and stakeholders across all levels, functions and geographies to implement organizational change.
- Demonstrated bias for strategy and action. Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done, as well as being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for actions based on the analysis.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.