At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with Mechanical Engineers (all levels) for our SMB joint venture framework. Based at the Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office you will provide superior quality, detail engineering design services to allow the company to efficiently deliver design and build contracts.
SMB, the joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Lead Design Engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Drive development and carry out review of 3D engineering models.
• Drive production and carry out review of construction quality mechanical layouts and plant general arrangement drawings which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed, maintained and commissioned safely.
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the discipline.
• Resource planning and responsibility for project delivery within budget and programme.
• Coordination of designs with other disciplines and use of resources both internal, external and at our design office in Pune, India.
• Provide supervision of mechanical design staff (level dependent).
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues.
• Capable of liaising with the supply chain to identify new technology and innovative solutions.
• Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
• Ability to monitor and moderate mechanical design activities across simultaneous, multiple projects.
Mechanical Engineers (All levels) – Thames Water
• Mechanical Engineering honours degree
• Good UK water and wastewater non-infrastructure knowledge within a design/build environment
• Understanding of the principles of water and sewage treatment
• Proven track record for developing outline designs from given preferred option to a standard suitable for pricing
• Proven personal track record for developing and delivering detail designs to site for construction.
• Chartered Mechanical Engineer (level dependant)
• Experience of working on projects developed using 3D and BIM technologies
• Experience of design for manufacture and assembly (DfMA) to minimise site construction activities
• Have experience of coordinating members of staff in designing mechanical aspects of water and wastewater treatment facilities (level dependent)
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):