In this role, you’ll lead Google.org’s work across APAC to help meet Google’s goals for social impact and to demonstrate our commitment to the communities where we live and work. You’ll identify and evaluate potential organizations and opportunities, and work to shape projects that fit into the overall strategy, assessing their potential for impact and their likelihood of success. You’ll craft projects that leverage Googlers and other Google assets to deliver wraparound support for our partners. You’ll work after grants are awarded to support grantees and connect them with the resources they need, in collaboration with teams across Google. You’ll also look for storytelling opportunities to share the work with the world.
The Google.org team leads Google’s strategic philanthropy and employee engagement, granting millions each year to innovative nonprofits and empowering Googlers to use their talent and resources to make an extraordinary impact on the world. We work closely with nonprofit organizations and other funders, and we partner with nearly every function in every region of the world to generate social impact and to demonstrate our commitment to the communities where we live and work.
- Drive development of regional strategy, defining priorities, identifying opportunities, and seeking cross-functional input.
- Evaluate success of grants and regional activities, and use insights to drive program improvements.
- Engage regularly with cross-functional stakeholders across APAC to represent Google.org strategy and be responsive to business needs.
- Identify nonprofit innovators working to address challenges in the areas of economic opportunity, safety / digital wellness, and computer science education.
- Identify opportunities to build awareness of Google.org’s efforts with the broader sector and relevant policymakers, including scoping participation at external events, convening grantees and influencers, and contributing to overall comms strategy.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience creating and leading initiatives independently operating across time zones and cultural contexts.
- Experience leading a strategy consulting firm, philanthropic organization, social business venture, or nonprofit organization.
- International working experience.
- Demonstrated presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English and an additional Asian language fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.